View Single Post
Old 2007-05-07, 07:38   Link #55
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well... after much spoiler temptations, got my hands on the subs...

review of the week :
  • Blood noise made me shiver... in a bad way (i was actually wondering if it was really blood)
  • The first part was welcomed. similar to episode 4, but with matsuri and yurito, improving their bound. like Telliamed said, the character design wasn't really consistent
  • PONYTAIL
  • I think i will be beaten to death, but Takeshi looked extremely cool and appealing to me ^^. i wasn't really fond of his "evilish" laughter though (not a bad performance, but it was ruining the "cool" image i had of him XD). So far, he is nicely portrayed as a "baddy" only on Matsuri/Yurito POV, but looks really struggling for the sake of Mayuko (can't wait for more backstory about them )
  • Koyori-chan scene is well executed to me (however, i really think the proportions of Matsuri and Koyori, when we see them on a larger plan twice, is COMPLETELY out of the whack. were they saving budget for the next "action" part or what?)
  • Aono sewing a doll... and it isn't the first one. i'm wondering if it has any special meaning for her.
  • Action sequence, the Good : the pace was pretty neat. I pretty much liked how they inserted Yurito scenes, giving contrast between his carefree situation, with matsuri's lifethreatening run.
  • Action sequence, the Bad : the music. while the 2 tracks used at the start were average, fitting somewhat the scene, the second one mutated into "something" extremely horrible (17:40, when takeshi hurls several darts). The track used when matsuri was outside was bad as well (some violins are really too much), and it turned completely worse when takeshi makes his steps towards her. (19:32)
  • Action sequence, the Ugly : the scene when matsuri enters into seed mode. Basically, it is hardly believable that Takeshi could be overpowered by Matsuri like this (even if she got some big strength, i could hardly believe takeshi, struggling without using his left hand, or feet -___- ). Not really any fanboyism here (i prefer matsuri ), but the scene is completely unreal, despite Matsuri's sudden insanity.
  • Aono's reaction is really interesting... is she shocked because she hears a girl's name, or because she knows matsuri? (as i could determine with her surprise and shock, it appears it is the later)
I must admit, the flaws listed above weren't really spotted at first, me getting completely hooked by the execution (especially after the slow ep4).
however, it is hardly possible for me to give a 10 for this ep, considering the amount of unconsistent design, and the musics. (i can hardly believe it is the same composer of ep1...)
thus, the score 9 isn't really solid, but i guess i'm a bit biased... (one word to say : PONY )

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-05-07 at 08:01.