View Single Post
Old 2008-03-29, 16:01   Link #73
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
She says it takes stamina/strength to wait. Hence bringing something to eat.

Shin's mother's turnaround has been a bit of a confusion for me the entire series. I've developed a secret theory that she sees herself in Hiromi, because Shin's dad was in a similar situation when they were younger, with Shin's mom as Hiromi, and Hiromi's mom as Noe, only Shin's mom never broke free of her resentment.
Actually I was thinking something along these lines as well.

Shin's mom said that Hiromi looked like her mother (in the sense of being that kind of beauty I guess?).

I figured it meant that Shin's mom was like the 3rd wheel but ended up "winning" in some sense, but never got over that Shin's dad might have been interested in Hiromi's mom or something when they were younger. It might have all been before they got married even or even met, but I guess she just wasn't able to get over it until she saw Hiromi in the crash incident.

Around there it seems as if she sort of understood what Hiromi was going through maybe because of what she went through...?

Either way, I suppose my take was similar to yours, it'd be nice to have gotten some kind of background on that...