View Single Post
Old 2009-09-26, 06:11   Link #2053
monster

Sorry about this second post, I was focused on your reply to me first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Ignoring all of that, if god gives me a tool,say free will, and doesn't help me use it properly, say by allowing me to give into temptation or be fooled by a false prophet, and punishes me when i had no chance to do the right thing, then why should i praise him and follow a religion?
The Bible states that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. But the Bible also states that God loves us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 3:23 and 5:8

So that is one reason why anyone who believes should praise God. John 3:16 is a verse from the Bible you might know about.

As for temptation, the Bible states that it tests your faith to develop perseverance. But it is not God who tempts you, rather your own desire who entices you. - James 1:3 and 1:13-14

Now why God would allow you to give in to temptation? Well, he lets you follow your desire, that's why it's called free will. So I think that falls under proper use.

I can't say much about punishment, although Romans 3:23 mentioned earlier has to do with it. But even believers are not free from discipline and punishment by God in this life.

God disciplines those he loves and punishes those he accepts as his children. - Hebrews 12:6
monster is offline   Reply With Quote