View Single Post
Old 2012-09-25, 08:36   Link #19869
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

This might not be the right place to ask this, but I'll go ahead:

With Index and Railgun handled by J.C. Staff, which animation studios do you guys think will handle Kamachi's other works the best?

For me,
Heavy Object will always be best handled by Sunrise. Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon is a big sign that they can handle decent comedy and action, and they can do the CGI very well. J.C. Staff, however, has also shown that they can be competitive in their use of CGI, especially in Railgun's Large Weapons. Another plus to Heavy Object being handled by J.C. is the infamous scene with Saiai and Hamazura concerning A Certain B-Grade Movie. On the other hand, I don't want Satelight to handle this one. They've already integrated box-shaped navies in Muv-Luv, and I don't want Milinda-hime's Object to turn out as a huge jawbreaker at a distance!

The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Marriage, I think can be handled quite nicely by A-1. They have shown their ability to capture fantasy-themed scenery on Sword Art Online, and their choice of using vibrant colors would suit the series' comedic theme. I do consider either ZEXCS or Xebec as a possible candidate as well, because you know... that particular Swiss knife with a kinky attachment...

The Zashiki-Warashi of Intellectual Village... hmm, I don't know how I should see Zashiki-Warashi as an animated series. I'm thinking of either P.A. Works' lush scenery and the ability to handle fanservice scenes, or Silver Link's more artistic approach to animating scenes (although I know that they can handle conventional storytelling too). Either way, they have shown through Hanasaku Iroha and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia that they can give our Zashiki-Warashi MC justice.

• And last, but not the least, A Simple Survey might end up as a series of OVA or ONAs by SHAFT. I think the quirkiness of each of the many short stories in this series would suit SHAFT's equally quirky way of handling series.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.