View Single Post
Old 2009-12-29, 03:20   Link #263
zorahk

I chose pyongyang to test to see if I could make 6 letters, jan, because it was one of the most japanified of all korean cities during the occupation. The fact that it is a ****hole now has nothing to do with it, but it was HEAVILY japanese beforehand.

Anyway, this theory is becoming much more convincing thanks to this:

Quote:
The sweetfish river" : I believe it's not an actual river. After all, Evatrice told Eva to think about something that resembles a river. As Jan-Poo said, it must be possible to see it in an atlas. If we suppose that Eva didn't look in any specialized atlas, for example an atlas of sewage system, the amount of possible "rivers" is not very big. What "lines" can you find in any atlas? Roads, railways, rivers (but we've ruled them out), boundaries, oil and gas pipelines, and then maybe other transport such as metro lines and trams, depends on the scale of the map.
There are three highways in North Korea. One of which leads to a port town Wonsan. Even though I doubt it was a highway in 1986, it probably was one of the arterial roads in N.Korea. And here comes the interesting point. Wonsan is administratively divided into 40 dongs(洞) and 15 ri(里). So we have the "village" (里). But then I'm clueless about the shore part. An old Japanese map of Korea might help though.
Wonsan is written in hancha as 元山

This means the origin or base of the mountain when taken separately.

Look at a map of Rokkenjima.

I think this points to where the secret passage is.
zorahk is offline   Reply With Quote