View Single Post
Old 2009-12-29, 07:06   Link #264
matteas
Member Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorahk View Post
I chose pyongyang to test to see if I could make 6 letters, jan, because it was one of the most japanified of all korean cities during the occupation. The fact that it is a ****hole now has nothing to do with it, but it was HEAVILY japanese beforehand.

Anyway, this theory is becoming much more convincing thanks to this:

Wonsan is written in hancha as 元山

This means the origin or base of the mountain when taken separately.

Look at a map of Rokkenjima.

I think this points to where the secret passage is.
But we can only speculate about the existence of a certain mountain on Rokkenjima. We haven't been shown any map of Rokkenjima in the VN, and I don't remember any mountain being mentioned. Or did I forget about anything?

Furthermore, I don't get why it tells about a shore. The two are supposed to tell you about the shore, and basing on my theory, the two here would probably be 元 and 山. I tried to play with the kanji for shore and these two kanji, but it didn't bear any fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Everything seems to point out that Kinzo's hometown wasn't anywhere close to the Tokyo district. At the very least I'd remove the Kanto region from the possibilities.
I think it's not absurd to remove even the whole mainland Japan. There were disputes about the successor to Ushiromiya estate in which many families took part. They were many, so we can suppose that they weren't only in Kantou, but that they were scattered over a larger area. Eventually, an outsider was chosen to inherit the title of Ushiromiya head. This outsider, Kinzou, had no connections with the families that had been broiling about the succession. Therefore, we can presume that he lived somewhere farther. I, from my viewpoint, would rule out at least the whole Honshuu.

Last edited by matteas; 2009-12-29 at 07:23.
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote