View Single Post
Old 2011-08-10, 20:30   Link #309
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Well here's a sideview of the suit

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/the-pr...204254980.html

I suppose I agree with some critics whom have pointed out that the suit is weak and cheap-looking. It doesn't give much of an ompf factor to it but then again she's just a cat burgular. Add in Nolan's "realism aim" and that cuts down the aesthetics a lot.

However, Anne has pointed out that picture only shows a small portion of what the suit can do....whatever the hell that means

There was nothing ever special about Catwoman's suit but I do think if what Anne says is true that may not be the full costume she's wearing and that like Batman it'll go through stages.

If I hadn't seen Iron Man 2 I might be more impressed by the outfit. Now it just looks too Black Widow to me. Anne's easy on the eyes, but she's no Scarlett Johansson. She doesn't fill out that suit the way Jo did hers.

I second Pringles. Michelle Pfeffier probably had the most iconic Catwoman costume. I like how it invoked the "Year One" comic series where Catwoman starts out a dominatrix/prostitute (even though I was like 5 when I first saw Batman Returns so I couldn't appreciate that fact until years later). That look wouldn't really work with the gritty realism of Nolan's films, but this costume is definitely underwhelming if that's what she wears throughout the movie. I hope the common conjecture that this is just Selina Kyle's 'cat burglar' uniform and not her actual Catwoman suit, turns out to be correct.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote