Thread: Crunchyroll Saint Seiya Omega
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-16, 05:36   Link #88
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
LC isn't canon anymore.

ND started first but it's progress was slow and became an irregular feature thus LC over-taken the story. He probably has some contractual obligation to not abandon the story, it's not up to him I would think.

Again, LC isn't canon, and neither are the movies FWIW. Heck even the anime which is based on the manga don't agree with each other (Steel Saints, Asgard Arc etc). There's no mess to speak of really because it's simple - you just take Kurumada's manga (original and ND) only as the manga canon, the anime TV series + Hades OVA as it's own anime universe canon (and Omega is said to be a continuation of the TV series), everything else are alternate universes.
I know, but contractual reason or not, once LC took over, he should just leave it along and he didn't. Instead he resumed ND and then at first claim both series are different take on same story before finalizing ND as canon.

That why I say the whole thing got complicated, and really for no reason.

But like I say, I'll still end up watching it and cursing WTF while watching it at same time going ga-ga like a fanboy over new attacks.