View Single Post
Old 2011-04-09, 00:20   Link #13
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

To be honest, when I said that JC Staff's 2nd season always is worse than the 1st at the beginning, before the 2nd season actually started, I didn't think it actually would be worse.
..........Boy was I wrong! It really was worse.

1. The animation quality was... pretty bad. The first half was incredibly bad and while the second half was better, it still was pretty bad (like that thing which resembled Last Order but most certainly could not be her).

2. The story was also generally bad. The first half was incredibly bad (Pattern here?) and while the second half was better, it still fell at the end. Vento (laugh)...
I guess the part between Kihara and Accelerator was the high point and only saving point.
Also, lack of explanations.
I guess it is partially the original novel's fault. When you convert a not-so-good source, you can't be bound to make a good anime... Usually.

3. OP all were worse than the first season's. Mayonnaise and Bob.
The second ED was great though. (The person responsible for it was the one who did Railgun, after all!)

4. The characters were also... Well, let's say that by the point some random Frankenstein's Monster thug guy is more interesting than all of the other new characters, something is wrong.
Though it isn't the first time this series seems to make a character "unique" by giving them some strange speech pattern (that honestly isn't even proper Japanese, probably)

So all in all, it was pretty bad. I guess 6/10. Since while it was bad, it still was watchable and all of that stuff.
I guess one good thing is that the anime covered the novels I bought but never read (lost interest by vol. 5), so now I don't really have to care about them anymore. May they forever be covered by dust.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote