View Single Post
Old 2011-05-13, 22:27   Link #76
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
No teams are assigned to each other. They can choose to work together if they wish.
Really? Bugger, must have read that wrong. Noted, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Maybe you should try fighting in an urban environment without a knife, or try scaling a wall with your bare hands.

Or even try cutting through concrete or metal with a normal steel-core blade.
My point is, my OC has a perfectly normal folding knife of a kind that's highly recommended, and easily concealable, as opposed to the exotic improbable weapons your OCs use. (I'll admit that the dagger on wire is more of am improvised improbably used weapon, and can be useful in the right circumstances, but there's a reason daggers have handles.)

How the hell you can fold down a boarding axe into a tonfa or have a electrified cutlass with carbon fibre core and micro-serrated edge, and not realise that these weapons stretch credulity, is a bit beyond my comprehension. (Also, they're not that practical for concealed carry.)

As for fighting in an urban environment without a knife, it's called bringing a gun to a knife fight.

As for cutting through concrete - you don't, it damages blades. Cutting things should never involve concrete or metal - blades are meant to cut wood, livestock, people, wires, plastic, rubber, duct tape...

(I think another reason is the difference in paradigm - Jon views his Emerson Tactical as more of a tool and less of a weapon, while Ayari views her blades as weapons, not tools.)

But if he were to cut through concrete, he'd use C4. As for scaling walls - how many times does one need to scale a wall anyway? If he needs to rappel down, he's got line in his rucksack.

Admittedly, growing up in a jungle in the middle of nowhere, I have an inclination towards simpler devices and tools that do a single job well, and which I am reasonably certain will last and/or can be replaced fairly easily, compared to exotic tools & devices of which I am unsure. Not surprisingly, perhaps, this has spilled over to Jon.

I believe in miracles.