View Single Post
Old 2012-12-21, 05:27   Link #69
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

It's too bad that Yuki died, even if it was predictable. I liked her. For a while, before Akane caught up, I thought that maybe Makishima was dragging her away to try to eventually turn her into a supervillain or something. Instead, was she just a hostage so he could get away in case the police caught up?

Akane didn't do too badly, even though she was unsuccessful. She did at least try to shoot the gun at Makishima, even though it's unlikely she even knew how to use it. I was really worried that she would end up shooting her friend by accident, so at least that didn't happen.

I don't want Akane's crime coefficient to go up after this. It would be most interesting if, like Makishima, she is somebody whose Psycho-pass just doesn't ever get cloudy. She could struggle over what the readings even mean, if she's having buckets of trouble because of what happened and yet even through that she can see that her Psycho-pass stays nice and clear, knowing that Makishima's is also clear.

Makishima is boring me, unfortunately. He's been getting less interesting as a villain the longer I've seen him. Though he's got a few legit points about the Sibyl system, and he represents an interesting thing in the plot (a villainous person who the system thinks is AOK) the things he's trying so far seem a bit on the dull side, just getting a few psychos to watch for what to him is mild entertainment. Might have been more fun to have him trying to bring down the system, but he seems too...apathetic? muted? for that. Maybe he's got a bigger plan that we'll see later.

Masaoka continues to be the best character.