View Single Post
Old 2007-03-18, 02:01   Link #61
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Maid cafes have been around for years in Japan (at least ever since cafe owners figured out otaku have money). They're kind of silly, to be honest, and I'd be a bit surprised if they caught on in North America outside of a few areas. They remind me of that Disney 50's home cooking restaurant where you're served by "Mom" (older lady dressed period style) who cajoles you if you don't clean your plate or use your napkin and compliments you on your manners. Not really sexy.. just quaint (let me pour that, bozo-sama!)

I think it'd be cuter and stay more novel if they dressed as various anime characters... but then that would be a higher operational cost. Unfortunately, you're in a cafe with a bunch of people of the type you try to avoid at a gaming store pretending not to stare at the girls ---- bleh, eh?

Hooters.... .is just lame and unimaginative. They're trying to portray themselves as a "bring the family" place now with wholesome girls who have shorts so tight they get chafe burns. wheeee... not. I get better results (and better food) just hanging out at an outdoor cafe people-watching.