View Single Post
Old 2004-07-18, 22:26   Link #58
CombiHenge

Very interesting thread - i read all 3 pages and have taken in what you have all said.

I'm of the high persuasion that the Naruto and the 4th are directly related via an re-incarnation.

Think back to the battle with Kyuubi vs the 4th, the village was under attack and the last hope was the 4th. Kyuubi is a demon that comes age after age - the 4th's solution to defeat Kyuubi therefore, must involve someway to stop Kyuubi ever attacking again (otherwise, he'll just come again). Now, how do you do that?

What did Sarutobi say about the jutsu? He said something like, when the technique is used, the two would be locked together in eternity, together with one another. The 4th's solution was to seal himself and kyuubi together - but the trick to it, was that the 4th re-incarnated himself as a child and sealed the immortal 'Kyuubi' inside of him. How else do you deal with a demon that will not die. Only a handful, if any, like Sarutobi or Jiraiya would have known.

If everyone knew that the 4th (with Kyuubi) were Naruto, then every village would be out to get Naruto, knowing how good the 4th was. People like Orochimaru would not have known, as he has always been blinded with envy for Itachi, hence, his total overlooking of Naruto.

If you rewatch the series, there are some hints as to who Naruto is; in Ep 82, when Kakashi has a flashback with his talk with Jiraiya - Jiraiya says:

"Afterall, it's the role of the Third Generation to look after Naruto."

Now, who was Jiraiya's student? I'll leave that to you.
CombiHenge is offline   Reply With Quote