View Single Post
Old 2012-02-25, 15:33   Link #18
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post

On a unrelated note, here is an opinion quoted from another forum about the cracking Wilhelmina mask:

Quote:
For Wilhelmina, over the decades her focus has shifted. Up until this point, the major purpose of her existence has been to ensure Shana's wellbeing and to aid the Engaged Link whom she failed to protect before. However in both encounters, Pheles has rejected her aid, denying her of half of her reason to strife on effectively. As the mask is symbolic of her power, it cracked to reflect her inner turmoils.
It is quite correct, isn't it?
Yeah, I see it similarly as well.

After being rejected by Pheles consecutively, and sealed off. This was a question as to whether she would enforce either of the two oaths she was bound upon. I would say that Pheles was aware of the situation, and prevented her from making such a decision. As she knew she still carried an oath to protect them, although she also carries an oath to protect Shana. This was her way of protecting her from a self destructive path emposed on herself.

Her mask therefore cracked, her emotions led astray, and her reason to push forward crumbled. Instead of making her own decision, she forced it on her. She was confused and was wondering why, yet she understood that Pheles didn't wan't her to act, and clearly cut all their ties. This then concluded the oath she made with her, and left her empty, she then realized that she still had another reason to fight, and it was standing right in front of her. Margery then pointed out that she was in danger, and renewed her heart.

Well it's how I see it.

Last edited by syke123; 2012-02-25 at 16:00.