View Single Post
Old 2013-02-06, 23:37   Link #784
Xander

Those sales figures look nice. As long as that means Sunrise will want to continue the project, delays aside, it's good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherzo09 View Post
Wondering, am I the only one here who prefers the tone of this OVA to the original series?
Certainly not, though I actually enjoy both of them myself. It's a bit too early to judge the final result, but for the time being...I definitely like the fact that it feels different, which is absolutely fitting since this is meant to be a shorter tale centered around the desperate struggle to survive in the midst of a cruel world, while the main story was more about suddenly being given the power to change said world and embarking on a quest to throw everything into chaos. Lelouch was a student who didn't know what he was getting into, in hindsight, while Akito comes across as someone who has already seen enough during his time in the military (a little closer to Suzaku, on paper, but they're still separate characters). There are other nuances and variations, but there's obviously a very distinct general approach at work.

Last edited by Xander; 2013-02-06 at 23:52.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote