Thread: Playstation 4
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-30, 08:00   Link #632
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Then are you claiming Reggie personally handles hardware/software development? I understand being in charge of Nintendo of America means he has to be given info from Japan on what kind of console he's selling, and he has to make decisions for localization and licensing, but unless he participates in making the console like Cerny is, I just don't agree that your comparison is valid.

Cerny even states that being a consultant to Sony means he's not directly responsible for managing the workers, meaning he can focus directly on the technical aspect of making game hardware and the software that runs on them. That's still quite different from Reggie who is primarily a businessman responsible for a large branch of a company. Had we been talking about say... Shu Yoshida, you might have had a valid argument.

Maybe calling Reggie just a PR guy is not giving him enough credit, but the fact remains that he is still not in the same kind of position that Cerny is.
Where did I claim that Reggie handles game/software development? Where did I compare Reggie to Mark Cerny? I didn't even mention Cerny in the post you quoted.

You're the one talking about Reggie being a PR spokesperson when he's president of Nintendo America. I've never claimed they were in the same position regardless.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-30 at 20:34. Reason: removed flamebait
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote