View Single Post
Old 2008-04-04, 03:37   Link #7
Sides

Your options are HDfury, hdmi to vga transcoder, or a component to vga transcoder. I think some manufacture (mayflash?) actually sells a Wii and Ps3 component to vga cable, bascially the transcoder cirrcuit is hidden inside the connector shell.

http://www.hdfury.com/

note: if you want to use a vga transcoder, you need a tv as well, during setup. Use the green (sync on luma) connector and connect it to the composite input of your TV, then go to setting and set it to at least to 480p, or in your case 720p (only a few monitors do accept interlance signals), and connect the green connector back to the vga box.

You can run ps3 games on 1080p over component, as far as i know, just not the protected blu-ray movies.
Btw component to vga adapter, hobbes_fan listed, is just a connection adapter, it won't work if your monitor doesn't support component input via it's vga connector.

I use the XCM 1080p VGA box at the moment, but looking into getting the HD Box pro, since it does supportd e-interlancing (for the Wii and retro consoles). If you have a psp-2000, you might want to look at the newer XCM 1080p VGA box, that includes the cable for the psp as well.

Last edited by Sides; 2008-04-04 at 03:53.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote