View Single Post
Old 2010-10-13, 16:52   Link #403
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon
Haha, no way. That is so cute. :3 I'd love to see that being brought out at least a little bit (maybe having Azusa showing a hint of jealousy when Yui tries and give something to Mio; I don't know).
Um.. sorry, what I mean "she" in my post before refers to Azusa, not Yui ^^;
Well.. here's the portion of the manga, taken from 3rd chapter of Volume 3:
Spoiler:

Notice Azusa's blush XD

Spoiler:

She blushes again and scolds Yui for interrupting XD

Spoiler:

Azusa's relieve of Mio's reaction, then she suddenly remembered Yui's candy.

Quote:
I've deleted the entire season two of K-On by now, so I can't check up on your claims. But as for the handling out of flyers... Wait, didja mean she handed out those flyers with Tsumugi and Tsumugi herself only? Ritsu and the others didn't come? If so, then yes, there is a possibility that Mio might have suggested something like handing out flyers to Tsumugi. God, I would've loved to see an interaction scene like that between her and Tsumugi. Yes, it would be just a short, pointless 15 seconds scene - but it would say so much (more).
Yeah, only the two of them. At first, It's 5 of them handed out the flyers, but no one came. Then the scene continues where Ritsu, Yui, and Azusa tries new strategy, such as Ritsu's fainting act, Yui's asking where the club room is, and then they three tries to snuck into the other clubs. While all of those happen, Mio and Tsumugi continued to hand the flyers. Back to their club room, Ritsu, Yui, and Azusa are surprised that Mio and Mugi actually continued to hand the flyers while still wearing their animal costume XD because of this, I believe it is not Ritsu and their group's initiative. Mio herself also said "we were handing flyers". She wouldn't say that if Ritsu ordered Mio and Mugi to do so.

Quote:
I actually have to thank you, Ryonea, though, for bringing those examples up. Guess I kinda forgot about those little hints.
Don't mention it. I myself won't find that out if I didn't rewatch the series (which I did a lot and focus to different characters) I was also raged on how Mugi seemed to be too silent in the anime, but I rewatched the series, and I found out that she's not forgotten at all. The scenes could be missed easily. I think it's because our attention are driven to the main plot, so those little things seems meaningless.

Quote:
I know. But the problem is, there's no meaning to her fans' adulation, so it's hard for me to believe that Mio has any reason to feel grateful to her fans. Well, maybe it's just because she appreciate that they like her so much because her insecure self would have her disliking herself. Hence the fans giving her the idea that she's actually worth liking might make her feel grateful. Still, the fans coulda' state some sort of reason why they like her. Otherwise, it just makes it look like they like her for her panties. Ahem.
I think you stated that clearly While I do agree that most of her fans like her mainly because of her cute self. ^^; I think, the panty incident's just a catalyst. Back in their first school festival, you can see that as soon as the curtain's open, we can hear some audience shouted "who's that? she's so cute". Those are normal, though. Well, after all, if we like a person, we almost always notice their appearance first, right? then it moves to their personality etc.

Quote:
Surprise, surprise. Mio's overly moeness in Episode 25 was the reason I dropped K-On, so I didn't get to go to 26. Guess I'll have to catch this episode myself.
You should watch it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wboon
Heh heh, reminds me a lot of me back in Secondary School. Even now, I'm still sorta like that. Sort of. Keeping my zany friends in check when they are too silly/lazy, I mean. Heh.

Yeah, I see a lot of Mio in myself. :3
Yeah, it's kinda difficult to be the only "sane" person in a group XD I'm also kind of in the same position as her and Azusa in my group.

Last edited by Ryonea; 2010-10-13 at 17:03.