View Single Post
Old 2012-11-09, 12:53   Link #23
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The only thing I use hotmail for is to read emails. I don't even use WLM anymore.

It is time for Microsoft to go back and buck up on their core business - the OS. Win8 is an interesting concept to attack the touch-screen market, but they are changing too many things and making it too alien.

Sometimes there isn't a need to reinvent anything at all. We are already used to the layout anyway.
Problem is, as a corporation whose investors expect "new, better, bigger, all the time, expand, expand" (total bs but whatever), being a reliable durable company that sells a basic important cog isn't enough.

Yes, they're good at hardware (keyboards, mice, etc) and they've gotten good at Operating Systems (hint: the user interface isn't an operating system, nor is the web browser, the media center, etc.)

What they're really selling/forcing the market to is a new user interface. Now if they're selling touch-screen monitors to go with that, or partnering with hardware firms ... it would make a bit more sense.