View Single Post
Old 2007-01-12, 04:03   Link #62
DaigoMadoka

Any girl looking ugly after that is expected, but that wasn't really the point I (and lakme maybe) was making. The point is it's the *way* Hugo described it. If your looking for a way to describe someone, going in depth is going to attract the reader's interest alot more than just "she was ugly." and leave it at that. Hugo described Cosette in a matter that painted a clear picture of how her life was, how she was feeling, and so on. It may be too early to judge, but considering the first episode has Cosette left at the Thénardiers and judging from the ways things are going, she might not be there for 5 years before Valjean finds her. That being said, with the way the characters are drawn it would be more of a "Awww, the cute wittle girl is all tired with mud and dirt all over her" rather than the way Hugo describes it, maybe not even making her look disturbingly thin to due not being fed, and always abused which would really drive an emotional stake through your heart moreso...it also helps to show the difference between Cosette and Eponine even moreso, but I guess we're stuck with what we have But there's still a lot of episodes to go, so I have no idea how they're going to do this since people don't like judging from the first episode...but from just the 1 episode, I hope the staff doesn't take their creative liberty too far.

(Hey, if Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings fans get to complain about adaptations, so can I. >>)
DaigoMadoka is offline   Reply With Quote