Thread: fix a sub
View Single Post
Old 2006-01-02, 23:20   Link #11
Soluzar

Send a message via AIM to Soluzar Send a message via MSN to Soluzar Send a message via Yahoo to Soluzar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem
I never did anything major with subtitle placement and timing, so I'm not sure why your subs are behaving the way they are. The only thing I can think of is that you're trying to preview the subtitles in VDubMod. Unless your computer is insanely fast, the video always lags in vdub/vdubmod. In theory the subs should be lagging right along with it and not running out of sync (that's been my experience), but who knows. Do a test encode and see if the subs are still out of sync. Also make sure that your time adjustments are exact, down to the millisecond. VDubMod isn't used by timers because there are programs better suited to the task of timing, but vdubmod is OK to use if you're doing a few adjustments.
Thanks for the advice, but I've opened the SRT file in Aegisub, and in notepad and I can say for sure that the times that are in the file do not match the proper timings in the episode. I did a test one-pass encode, just for the heck of it, and the subs are all compressed into the first 11 minutes of a 24 minute anime. Bizarre, I know.
Soluzar is offline   Reply With Quote