View Single Post
Old 2009-02-03, 14:32   Link #17
Renaissance Otaku
Shadow Member

Send a message via AIM to Renaissance Otaku Send a message via MSN to Renaissance Otaku Send a message via Yahoo to Renaissance Otaku
Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate the main track with untranslated Zentran (and the proper Macross spelling of "Minmay" and use of "miclone" instead of "micron"). I agree that the remaster did bring out some lost details in the blacks due to it's tweaking of the contrast. Though it also highlighted the film's incessant soft spots and that unfortunate frame glitch at the battle's end. I either own or have seen what you have as well, including the actual remaster DVD , so I know what you mean. The DVD is horribly grainy, even for someone that appreciates such marks of film making like myself. The fansubs all look better in that regard, though as I mentioned, Bakawolf took it a tad too far.

Regarding the translated Zentran, I did notice that the interrogation scene is the same regarding "debran" on both tracks, which is later changed to "enemy" in the escape scene, and Exadol's "deculture". I assume this was just a matter of not knowing how to adapt it? It seems a tad inconsistent, but I can understand the hardships.
Renaissance Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote