Thread: Licensed Yuyushiki
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-16, 15:30   Link #59
Midonin
Last Engage

Yuyushiki 02 - WENK

Such a frank discussion of boobs in the first half. Matsumoto (or "Mom") is a great teacher character - I do wonder if she'll ever return that third computer - and once again, we have Ai Kayano playing a character with "Ai" in her name. Yuzuko's method of preventing ice cream eating ("Highly Toxic!") was inventive. My favorite fictional food label is still "Dead Dove Do Not Eat", but this comes pretty close. Though I wasn't expecting it (I was hoping I'd be a Yuzuko fan), Yukari is rapidly becoming a character to keep an eye on. She's spacey, but observant - and anyone who draws a penguin like that must have some sort of art skills. And probably the most interesting thing about Yuyushiki is that it's great for trivia. The Japan Ice Cream Organization is 100% real. And the website link is also making me hungry. The show's got a pretty set formula down by now, so the rest is up to variations, wordplay and smooth remixes. That impromptu song making at the start of the episode was unexpected, but also something I wouldn't mind seeing more of in anime. Music makes the world go around.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote