View Single Post
Old 2008-11-23, 17:02   Link #1
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Artists Alike and from Afar - November Drawings Contest (Theme - GAR)

*For those who don't know* GAR (adj/noun) - A term used towards male characters and individuals who are so overwhelmingly manly that your own masculinity is absolutely *buried*, leaving you naught but a whimpering, swooning girl-child before them.

Hello and I'd like to say hi from myself (Aoie_Emesai), and everyone else from the Artist Alike Social Group.

But we would like to post our drawing here from our Current October Drawing Contest for those of Animesuki to see and to vote upon.

For this November drawing theme, it is "GAR" chosen by our last months Winner, *HayashiTakara *.

ps: I did not post some of the rules to the contest, due to them only affecting the contestants and not the voters.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

About The Artist Alike and Afar Social Group - I create this group back around when Vbulletin start with their recent upgrade to version 3.7.1 and myself who love/like to draw wanted to share my like/love of it with with others of Animesuki. It was a slow start, but 84 members strong at the moment.

But what ever the reason was, our true purpose is to simply draw and critique on others drawings. "Share our world with each other" ^^

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

About the contest:
This contest is open to all members of the Artists Alike and from Afar social group. The goal of this contest is for people to learn from each other’s drawings as well as have fun in the process through the process of a contest.

About the Theme:
Each month prospective contestants are given a theme to base their entries on. This theme is decided by the winner of the previous contest. There are several types of themes, mainly being

I) Content theme
a. What you want the contestant to draw (nothing against the forum rules please)
b. For example, beach, winter, or gothic. (don’t take these as guidelines, you can choose something special)
c. Please try to limit your themes so they aren’t so wide, but don’t limit it to much – do leave it open to a certain extent of interpretation.
d. Limiting by character. For example, we can choose a character like ichigo from bleach and have everybody draw that character.

II)
Material theme
a. Different materials may present different challenges and it will add an interesting touch to the contest
b. However try to limit the materials to things that are relatively easy to find (eg. Charcoal, markers).
c. Materials like tablets should not be a material, because it is not easily accessible to anyone.

III) Colour or non colour?
a. Since we do not have alot of members anyway, we probably shouldn't have a coloring section and non coloring section. At the same time however, these should not be judged together, since in most cases, coloring would be given more credit, so please make it clear in the theme of the contest whether coloring is allowed.

About the voting rubric: -

When you vote, you are encouraged to give feedback and suggestions to the individual artists, as well as to give them a score. Giving scores and feedback are not required, but it would be a nice gesture and would help them improve.

Also when voting, I would like for you to also do as above, but it's not necessary. This is just so i can match the amount of actual votes amongst the poll.

When voting, you are required to choose One entries that you think are the most outstanding.

*The voting has been changed a bit and it will be conducted as a poll style voting, and i'll (meaning Aoie_Emesai with some help maybe) be doing a manual check on them for any dupes or ineligible votes.

*Any accounts created within the last week will not be eligible for voting, this is to reduce and prevent any kind of multiple voting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With all the rules stated and mentioned, here are our Entries (alphabetized by user names)

CA

Spoiler for CA:

HayashiTakara

Spoiler for Hayashi:

Zxhara

Spoiler for Zi:

Happy Voting, and i"ll be back every so often to check on the progress ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote