View Single Post
Old 2012-11-10, 13:04   Link #3059
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Nothing in the link you provided indicated any of this (in fact, they seemed to think the passing of the amendment mattered), and it is not like you made any comment when you posted the link, so your opinion on the matter was unknown. As for how people really feel about the affordable care act...well, since there are still some people who believe the entire bill was never even read by Congress (or only read after the fact (and yes, I know there was a section or two that needed to be revised after the fact)), I find it hard to believe many (who voted for this particular type of amendment) actually understand what is in the bill or what it can and cannot do.

But yes, symbolism is nice...
I thought the article was pretty obvious considering it has the contents of Amendment A to the Wyoming constitution quoted there. Many Americans do not like the Feds poking around into their private lives and this is a symbolic way of showing them their displeasure.

Additionally, I think that many people just feel the Federal government has gone too far in its legislation/control of people's lives.
There is even an initiative for Lousiana to secede from the Union (not that this is new, these things happen a lot after elections these days).

My point here is that the polarization of the country isn't lessening, it's expanding and getting worse.