View Single Post
Old 2008-10-18, 05:56   Link #123
Molenir

Quote:
I dont notice a huge difference in styles as much. Probably because I expect things in the second season to be slightly different.
Not getting to see Chiaki preform the song @ the end was a big surprise and disappointing but the major appeal of the series is interaction between Nodame and Chiaki, not huge ochestra scenes(those are a bonus) so I'm glad the new team understands that.
I disagree actually. Oh, not like you might think. Of course the interaction between Nodame and Chiaki is the core of this show. However what made the first season so outstanding, was the music as well. I mean, I've gone back and rewatched episode 11 at least a dozen times, not for the characters or the story, though thats always good, but rather for the music. It was the blend of music, humor, and story that made Nodame so outstanding. With the music gone, they've removed one of the legs of the tripod. Its still good. Nodame is funny, but without the music, it just isn't the same. And with them moving so fast, and skipping so much, they're shorting us on the story as well. I just hope they do better on the rest of it. Give us the music, give us the story, and give us the interactions!
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote