View Single Post
Old 2012-10-06, 15:12   Link #67
Esebian

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, in that case we at least know that it doesn't *start* until after 10 seconds, because it's not like it'll be 99% complete and then they undo it. The process itself probably takes some time. I would assume that there's a bigger safety margin than that. (Well, I suppose it's odd to think about safety margins in a death switch, but there you go... )

Edit: On a related front, in reviewing the episode in light of what was discussed before about "Changed into Immortal Object", in the context it makes more sense to think that he's changed Asuna to be "immortal" (because it happened right after he asked Heathcliff to ensure Asuna didn't die), which is why her "death" didn't really kill her. But she obviously wasn't treated like other immortal objects. Perhaps what we're supposed to infer from this is that though she disappeared, she didn't die, and that toggle was the reason why.
Yeah the part with her dieing but instead sent to that plane far above Aincrad makes most sense for her "immortality", because how would he want to hinder her from simply jumping of the edge of the world, or should she fly in the sky then until the game is cleared?

EDIT: Btw ofc a really nice episode and I'm glad they took into account that Kirito laid down for 2 years in terms of muscle mass and so on
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote