View Single Post
Old 2007-12-22, 06:48   Link #49
wao
OK.

The staff roll doesn't impress me one bit, but I decided I have to watch at least one episode because the opening is composed by none other than Tomohiko Kira from ZABADAK! I love his stuff in general, and reading what this anime is about, the content fits exactly into his forte of "Trad" songs. I only wish the OP was also sung by him or his wife Koko Komine so that it'd be a real ZABADAK song, but this is good enough for me. Normally I wouldn't watch an anime just because of the OP/ED, but as with Zegapain and Akino Arai I must at least see the first episode... It also helps that the ED's by ROCKY CHACK, who did the very nice Zegapain ED!
Now I only have to hope it doesn't suck anyway, because everyone does put out a stinker now and then...

And actually reading the review of the light novel it does sound vaguely interesting, but again I'm worried whether the anime staff will just mess it up entirely. At least the background art seems to be taken care of by Bihou, which as far as I remember is one of the better BG art studios out there. Stories in the countryside must have good BG art or they fail!