View Single Post
Old 2011-12-17, 09:30   Link #41
Azrail
Storm Vanguard

Madoka - I'm surprisingly satisfied with her voice. I think the voice actor hit the mark with her. Never really been too interested in Madoka's character to begin with so I can't really think of much else to say. 8/10

Sayaka - Does a pretty good job giving off the right vibe but the voice still hasn't grown on me completely and it'll be interesting to see how they do with Sayaka's character towards the end of the series. 7.5/10

Kyouko - Her voice feels like it personifies the most generic of choices that english voice acting could have taken with her but it's not inherently bad just because of that. 7.5/10

Homura - Not a bad job... but not really a good job either. It works though, I suppose. 6/10

Mami - Wow. First one that I think is actually really bad out of the entire cast. Not sure what they were thinking. It's funny seeing the "Big sister figure to Madoka and Sayaka" writen there because it feels like we're hearing Mami based on the perception of her that Madoka has in her head of this strong and mature character rather than based on how she actually should sound like. 3.5/10

Kyubey - Not too thrilled with the voice but it could have been a lot worse I guess. I was actually kind of expecting it to be worse... so I guess I'm satisfied in a way. 4.5/10

I was expecting the dub to be bad but overall I'd say it's pretty decent. It doesn't stand out as being one of the better dubs in the past few years (largely because dubs have been doing a pretty solid job lately) but it's watchable.
Azrail is offline   Reply With Quote