View Single Post
Old 2007-05-20, 14:59   Link #263
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
Im sry but Amare Stoudimire isnt a good defender @ all, at least not good enough against spurs, did u c the ez time duncan had w/ him? Anyway he is simply a pure scoring machine and works really well w/ Nash

Spurs have great experience and excellent coach w/ a good system, when they play they almost never panic even when they were losing by double digits

Sure he can improve but Stoudemire is a good shot blocker and good rebounder he just gets himself into foul trouble to much, and Duncan can have his way with anyone in the league, all you can hope to do against him is make him work for his shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
That is the style they used to play during the regular season too. And, Phoenix's playoff style is similar to what Detroit had used during the playoffs of the year that they won the championship: limit bench play as much as possible, and rely on your top 5 (and in Suns case it is actually top 6).

Also, that is the style that allowed Phoenix to win 60+ games during the regular season. It would be unfair to expect the coaching staff to rely on guys that have not proven themselves during the regular season in a key game like the 5th. Probably, the Suns will solve this problem a little by sending Marion and receiving a few reliable guys in return. Anyway, as long as Nash can play like that, the other key players will be able to perform well too.
Yes It's true they did win that way with an 8 man rotatation but as we've now seen unforseen circumstances can force you down to less players, be it foul trouble, injuries or suspensions the Suns have to be deeper to go farther. It's pretty much been like this the last 3 seasons in the playoffs now. I know they didn't have much to rely on but still I think it cost them too much in game 6 but they had to take that chance I guess to try and win game 5.

Last edited by Tommy; 2007-05-20 at 15:25.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote