Thread: Lamune
View Single Post
Old 2005-12-21, 14:10   Link #20
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Are you seriously saying you dropped Mai HiME after only a few episodes? Wow. If that's the case, I don't really know what to say, other than it's one of the best series I've had the pleasure of viewing. Well, to each their own I guess.
Yup, that's what I'm saying. Though, in fairness to myself, I keep intending to watch it now that it's out completely. It just didn't do much for me, though a lot of people I usually get good advice from told me it picks up a little later on. I tried watching Mai Otome too, but couldn't get past the first episode of that.

This happens a lot to me though. I find the first couple episodes of most anime series to be the weakest, If I don't like it after an episode or two, then I wait until the series is completely out and try to watch it then. Occasionally that changes my impression (not usually, but sometimes), but usually I only do it for series that get a fair amount of good word of mouth (or generate a sequel, since I figure that means someone had to like it).