View Single Post
Old 2013-04-28, 04:11   Link #3980
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Wow, Unicorn has one page full of texts.
Is it me or does it seem like 1 page of Unicorn would be worth about 3 pages of IS?
I did an estimate, and a 300 page Unicorn novel (about the average length), has the same amount of text as SAO v6 (456 pages).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There's a 'Shana' in denyuuden as well?
How did you read シオン as Shana? It's Sion, and there's a ライナ for Ryner here

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
The general difficulty should be in the preference of the author to use cultural references and idioms. Most works that deal with literal meanings are pretty simple. I've only half-read baka-tsuki translation of IS but I feel that it's quite simplistic in its way of deliverance. I don't doubt your saying of how easy it is.
To be fair, most of the writing is very straightforward, but some series like to throw crazy bits of information like science and religion and some other random bits. Here, IS does not delve into the scientific aspects of things (to be fair, do you expect students to know everything about IS?), which makes things a whole lot easier to do (added to the fact that the author used to work on eroges, where short dialogues are the norm, and you can see how IS 'looks' shorter than other series)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
This is a "page" I found from Volume 8 IS.
Spoiler for Size:

As I stated before, there are only 249 pages. Actually roughly 229 pages in terms of Volume 8 story(minus blank pages and illustrations). And among those 229 pages there is a page like above. Several times.
By several times, we mean half the novel here.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote