View Single Post
Old 2011-04-09, 23:49   Link #14
DorkingtonPugsly

I liked this second season better then the first. Probably because of the invasion arc (which is the beginning of awesomeness). The problem with this season was pacing and animation quality. Most arcs weren't paced well and the animation was pretty bad a lot of the times. And then you have a couple episodes of perfect animation, like episode 19, 22, 24, maybe 1, 13, and a few others. I liked the soundtrack for this season. I thought there were some pretty epic soundtracks. I love how they reused gensou goroshi. I don't mind the use of that once every season. The problem is that the real deal only starts from the invasion arc, so volume 12 and on. Basically, Season 3 should be amazing, even if the pacing is off sometimes. Just because of the awesome arcs and characters (ITSUWA!). But yeah. I guess you could look at this season as a test. Real fans who await the 3rd season of godliness and will put up with a mediocre season 2 will watch this and not complain too much and just wait in excitement for what is to come. The people who aren't really huge fans of the series will complain a ton and maybe even stop watching, idek. Overall I give this season a 9/10. Why? Cuz I love the series, I loved some arcs, and I don't really mind flaws in anime. I like anything good lol.