Thread: Crunchyroll Saint Seiya Omega
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-25, 22:34   Link #2051
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Especially because it feels one-sided - Kouga doesn't seem to favor her at all compared to the other friends, mainly Souma.
Wait, what? Kouga has no eyes for anyone that isn't female! Did you miss his speech in episode 43? "Saori-san, Aria, Yuna and the other guys I don't give a shit about!" They're the three triggers of the DARK COSMO for a reason: in 34 it was the memory of Aria's death, in 44 it was the almost-death of Yuna and in 48 it was the vision of Saori's death.

Souma is the one that doesn't feel any more "important" than Ryuho and Haruto. Ever since episode 40 all 3 of them have been getting lumped together in the mass of irrelevance called "nakama-tachi". To even try to argue that Souma feels like a real friend to Kouga is ridiculous. Even Eden feels closer to him these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty
I actually think it's neither of those options, what i defend is that Yuna' getting more and more attached to Kouga has been hampering her development and feats compared to other main characters not named Haruto and Ryuhou.
Souma has no feats in the Gold Saint arc. All he did was fail to save Sonia... his entire character was completely cannibalized by Sonia's much superior character arc. It's really no wonder he is the least popular of the main Bronzes: Sonia was the only good thing about him.

Souma, Haruto and Ryuho could have left the story in episode 41 and the narrative would remain the exact same. Yuna was both the cause and the solution of the Dark Cosmo event in the Pisces Temple, Eden was the one who helped him defeat Mars, Eden getting Aria's staff was the reason Seiya came back, Yuna was the one who got personal help (and praise) from Seiya and Saori and ultimately helped Kouga regain his senses after he was posssed by Apsu. There was no purpose to keeping Souma, Ryuho and Haruto in the story from episode 42 and onwards.

Last edited by 7Th; 2013-03-25 at 23:13.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote