View Single Post
Old 2012-08-26, 18:21   Link #226
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Oh, to be clear, I don't think she'll be offended. If it were me, though, I'd just roll my eyes because there are just so many thing we don't know. I think it makes us look stupid when we rush to conclusions and make so many unprovable assumptions. People only say these things because there's ultimately no one to hold them accountable to the truth; if you knew the person were right here reading this thread, I think people would try to not be so presumptuous, not out of fear of offending, but out of fearing of looking the fool.

I do agree with you that I'm sure many creative professionals would be fascinated and honoured to have a bunch of people in a foreign land discussing their works. But I think it'd be more interesting if people would spend more time discussing her works and doing critical analysis, rather than the whole personal angle this conversation always seems to tend towards.
Ah, I see. I'd guess that most of us tend to roll our eyes at any assumption people make about us, especially those that don't know us.

I edited it in my last post, but that was sorta late so I'll move it down here. It does make me wonder though if there should have just been a thread about "Anime related staff members you have noticed" instead of a thread about just one person.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote