View Single Post
Old 2012-03-21, 14:21   Link #82
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Naruto becoming a sage in 2 weeks was kinda nonsense too, if you read back in the forum many of us complained about him becomeing a sage in 2 weeks whereas in 3 years with Jiraiya he didn't make much progress. But he is the main character so he can get away with such powerups in shonen manga. But Kabuto was never an evil boss before, the whole thing came out of nowhere, and it smells like Kishimoto had to make him so strong only because the plot lacking evil bosses. I wouldn't have complained if there were hints about this, but not one hint about Kabuto's potential of going from a Kakashi level ninja to a level where he fights 2 EMS guys, summons dozens of kages and fights against the ninja army of the enire world. It's clear that Kishimoto uses Orochimaru's name so frequently to try to justify many of Kabuto's achivments as being Orochimaru's, but it's still hard to make things beliveable. And it's not only me, just look at all the complaints in this chapter thread.
I think we all agree that kabuto is a mad-scientist type character. therefore I don't think it's fair to say he pulled all of this out of ass in a short amount of time or that there were no hints as to him doing what he is presently. we know he was oro's protegé and that oro was experimenting with all sorts of forbidden jutsu including ET which we saw. we also know oro had the ability to graverob kage-level people and that kabuto was with him at that time so they could have collected a bunch of these dna samles a long time ago. kabuto was with him for many years (including the 3 during the time skip) so he didn't just do all this in a couple days or even just in 1 year or something. he was researching these jutsu almost his whole life. since he's not the physical training type and more the thinking scientist type, then research and experimentation are his training and what we are seeing now is the culmination of his life's ambition and hard work. it's not an asspull as many are saying.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote