View Single Post
Old 2013-09-25, 07:34   Link #68
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I read the spoilers about the protagonist and I'm a little confused. He an enchanter, which has few attack skills and specializes on buffing others, but isn't he supposed to be a loner? His class completely contradicts his personality. How the hell did he get to level 90 like that anyway?
Spoiler for A bit on our bespectacled protagonist:

Quote:
I must confess that I had little interest in this series, but not because I wrote it off as a cheap SAO counterfeit. It kinda reminded me of Senyuu and Xion Saga. After listening to the op a couple a dozen times and scrutinizing the characters, I must bow to its potential.
To be quite honest, I'm just a bit worried if the OP (and all this comparisons and counter-comparisons with SAO) has created too much a hype or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Problem is that, as others have said, this probably got greenlit because TPTB wanted to ride on the success of SAO. Yes, the premise is different, but the connection is there. Had that show not been made there would've been nothing else to relate Log Horizon to, except maybe .hack.
Truth be told, I don't mind LogHora being compared to .hack, or at least, .hack//sign. One of the things I love about //sign was how it wove personal issues and relationships into the story and imho made it work. LogHora doesn't have //sign's intimate touch imho; ultimately it's more about groups of people working together to live in a strange new(?) world, but a central theme, perhaps best demonstrated by its main PoV character, is that people have to rely and work with each other to get things done; aka no one person/player is an island.

Personally I think it's better to let folks see what's it's like for themselves. If they change their mind and the experience rewards them, then cheers to them! If they still think otherwise... *shrugs*

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote