View Single Post
Old 2004-07-09, 14:25   Link #22
Merco
I like pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dix11
greek mythology and naruto universe are also based on a completely different value system..

greek mythological characters generally pursue physical pleasure or personal glory...and not much else, unless they are afflicted by some tormenting punishment or tragic accident. with honor being achieved based on how well you can fight, how pretty your wife is, and how rich you are. a good death is an honor to strive for.

in the naruto universe, the value system is based moer on protecting your friends and fighting for what you believe in at all costs. simply fighting isnt enough, simply winning isnt enough, its all about how and why you fight. only naruto and orochimaru strive for immortality, but in two very different ways...Naruto wants his name recognized and (maybe) wants to die for the villiage to prove himself a worthy hokage...oro just wants to live forever and learn every jutsu...no one else has a death wish. Shinobe honor and warrior honor are vastly different so its not really fair to compare these two categories.

Granted, there is a different value system, but my post is based more off of a personal characteristic thing. What character's background/features/personalities have similar characteristics to another character. Ideologies play a part, but to compare one to the other is not necessary in this case (I believe so at least)
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote