View Single Post
Old 2004-04-28, 16:50   Link #7
Shadamehr

If we're really going to discuss comparative powerlevels, I'd say that the top swordsmen of Rurouni Kenshin would be able to compete with the top genin. Basically, they have no ninjutsu nor genjutsu, so the best thing is to compare them to Rock Lee. The most impressive feats we've seen in RK are running so fast you vanish, swinging so fast you create a vortex that sucks in air, etc. At the height of his power, Kenshin broke the stone floor with his step as he performed his ougi, which drains much of his strength. Rock Lee can also run so fast he can't be seen (he's probably as fast or faster than Sojiro, who is faster than Kenshin). He can also break the floor with his hand-to-hand techniques. If he further opens a gate, he can now destroy more of the landscape than we've ever seen devastated in Rurouni Kenshin. The only thing he's missing is a sword.

Now I wouldn't want to have to say exactly which of the RK characters could beat Rock Lee and which could not, but we do know that Rock would definitely be pretty high up in the RK world. He'd at least be able to beat Sanosuke, who doesn't use a sword either, and wouldn't be able to hit him with the Zanbatou. So anyway, this places the Kenshin world in at most the league of the genins. Start introducing people like Gai or Kakashi, and they would most definitely own anybody from RK.

Btw, to whoever said Kakashi isn't fast: i'm pretty sure he's faster than any of the genin.
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote