Thread: Licensed Robotics;Notes
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 23:01   Link #985
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
First, it's not a prosthetic leg, it's an exoskeleton unit. Whether what it did was possible depends on the weight of the unit itself and how powerful it is. I think you're seriously underestimating the power of those type of units, even in their current state (at least those in development for military applications), where injury to the user through incompatible range of motion is a very real issue during design.

TBH, the giant robot is the more unrealistic of the two from an engineering point of view.
I know it’s not actually “prosthetic” (hence I called it “mecha” legs in my earliest posts). I only used “prosthetic” word for convenience sake. The problem is not only power, but also balance. How can that thin automated exoskeleton can easily balanced itself even with the user continuously struggling plus interference by Kai’s strength? Not only it can balanced itself even with all that but also continuously pushing forward like nothing’s happening to it. It’s a tad impossible if you ask me (and yes, I know about the military exoskeleton they're working on IRL).

I said I was “okay” with the giant robot since that is the premise of this show. Just like in a Gundam show, I’m okay with the giant Mobile Suits but a bit baffled by a certain beam weaponry in it.