Thread: Crunchyroll White Album (All Episodes, 1-26)
View Single Post
Old 2009-01-03, 18:37   Link #66
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

The most interesting thing about this series is : it is setted in 1986 and Nana Mizuki's opening song, although the video is a little disapointing (unlike Discotheque's animated material, which was really good)

The 1986 setting definately interests me, since mobile phones and computer weren't so popular back then. The clothes doesn't look as outdated as they look in real life ^_^''

And and that guy who is voiced by the same seiyuu as Sunohara from clannad, I still think he's just Sunohara (which is the main character's best friend). The seiyuu work are all fine, except I just can't get used to Hirano Aya's voice unless she's voicing Haruhi or Konata. I can easily reconise Nana Mizuki's voice too, but somehow her voice does fit. The seiyuu for the male lead (I can't remember the character's name nor the seiyuu's name except that the seiyuu voiced Dojo from Toshokan Sensou X_X'') did a good job, it's not a hard character to voice, so it's all fine.

The animation of looked fine, but it's the first episode, so it might decline over the time, we'll see what happens later. The storyboarding was interesting, at least it's different, it almost feels like Shinbo directing it. Does anyone know whether the OST is especially made for the anime or is the OST originally from the game?

Personally I quite liked the episode, but whether it would be amazing or a flop depends on later episodes.