View Single Post
Old 2010-10-27, 11:02   Link #2046
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
May I ask you for your answers for the steps? I think maybe these are interesting to understand why you or other feel pity for her or starting to dislike her.
Uh, you'll have to go more specific on what aspect or particular deed you are talking about. Making a dissertation on Ranka as a whole is not something I am particularly keen about at this moment.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
So where in this did you determine that Ranka didn't realize she was the key to the Vajra conflict before she left the fleet?
Well, let's see first if that is what I claimed that I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Alto was completely right in not going with her. From his perspective, it was a suicide mission. Hell, from Rankas perspective it should have been one. She couldn't be sure at all that the Vajra would react positively to her, after what happened during the last two episodes.
Then I responded to Dex allegation that Ranka knew that her singing had a negative effect on the Vajra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
All she knew by that time is that her singing now had a negative effect on the Vajra (which is why I believe she chose not to sing after the chaos which pretty much destroyed the colony.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
And if she knew that her singing had a negative effect on the Vajra, like you claim now, wasn't her leaving even more of a suicide mission? On which she wanted to coerce Alto into participating?
So I actually expressed an opinion that Ranka couldn't be sure of the effect her singing would have on the Vajra. The other possibility, that she knew that her singing had a negative effect on the Vajra, was expressed by Dex and I only pointed out that this would have been an even worse motivation than being uncertain of the effect.