View Single Post
Old 2012-03-04, 03:05   Link #23
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I'll be frank with you. I never did had any sympathy for the Denizens. This whole thing started because the Denizens found out they could achieve miracles by consuming innocent humans so I find it hard to sympathize with them in the first place. I don't see how you can justify a demon eating a child simply so it could fulfill it's greatest desires. Sure they need to consume PoE to survive on Earth but that's still no excuse to kill a child or anyone for that matter.
Does justification matter?

They eat to maintain their form just like how every living thing eats to survive.

If you are the one being eaten and want to do something about it then you just attempt to fight back and kill whatever that tries to kill you.

There's no right or wrong, it's just something that is.

The senior Flame Hazes though, they've long been removed from this cycle and are just fighting out of pure bloodlust. Any Tomogara that crosses their path, if he/she holds nothing of usefulness to the Flame Haze, is exterminated on sight.

It's not out of self-defence or anything like that. It's cruelty that serves no purpose.

Those that hold true dedication to preserving the balance are few and far between.

Quote:
The fact that the Flame Hazes are instilling fear and having the survivors pass it on goes to show that even with Xanadu Denizens could potentially still travel to Earth and from there consume humans. They are literally turning Earth into a mythical land filled with demons to scare them off. Since this is down the road and not immediate I'm guessing the Flame Hazes will pass into legend as they wouldn't be needed anymore so they are ensuring Earth's protection and handing it off to the survivors to carry it on.

With the law prohibiting consumption of humans they are also putting in a guarantee that the Denizens will not go back to their old ways of consuming humans as they wouldn't be there to keep them in check either. Yes there's a limitless supply (however that is) but sometimes things or people kill/eat simply for fun or just for whatever reasons. That's why paradises do not exist because people find them to be boring.
Xanadu is a one way trip for anyone going there.

Boring? You are talking about Existence power. Enough of which allows warping of reality to achieve nearly whatever you can want. How does mere killing compare to that? The odd psychopath may exist here and then but the majority would be far too busy with that new power to care

You seem to think Tomogara feed out of cruelty or malice. They're not Flame Hazes. What drives them at the core is far different. Tomogara are a species. They are not something that is born out of circumstances unlike Flame Hazes. Hell, one of the most malicious and evil Tomogara you can ever find is Pheles and look how she wound up....

Certain Tomogara, a very major character in fact, have good reason to hate humans and do generally view humanity as just fuel to be expended. There's extenuating circumstances in those cases even then so passing condemnation like that is wrong at best. Of course, I don't think it makes any difference in your eyes and it doesn't affect the topic at hand anyway since they're mostly dead.

There's plenty of effed up people in the world and our race in general isn't very pleasant. Then all humans are psychopaths incapable of anything good I presume?

And yes, the supply is limitless. How? Well the Snake is a God-rank being for a reason.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-03-04 at 03:20.