View Single Post
Old 2012-11-29, 01:03   Link #5802
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ I still don't think Oakland will cut their head coach. Like I said before they may give a pass this year, but then again if the Raiders still continue to lose at this rate and by a lot of points(20+ or more) then I think they may be open to cuttting him. One thing is for sure is that OC and DC as well as a few other coaches on the team will be cut.
Yeah, Allen probably isn't going to get fired this year, if only because Marky Mark doesn't want to be like his father was with coaches yet. I Agree with you on Co-ordinators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well the Raiders he(Hue Jackson) led score points and won games, but the Oakland Raiders also broke the record for most penalties in a NFL season and the Raiders also had a problem closing out game. Their were few games they let go in which they had the led in. The Defence was also pretty bad too.
That's true I guess. Things did go south after Campbell got hurt.
The Penalties were a Red Herring. What killed The Raiders was half their starting lineup getting injured over the course of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
The moment I heard about the Carson Palmer trade last year, I kept wondering 'TWO first round draft picks?!' I know Oakland were desperate for a QB at the time to replace the injured Campbell, but...they threw away two shots at decent players for the future vs a VERY short term investment...and when this trade didnt get them in the playoffs last year and has them floundering this year, one wonders how long it will take Oakland to overcome the damage.
Palmer has at least another 3, potentially as many as 5 seasons in the tank, depending on health and protection and The Raiders are also grooming a young QB (Terrell Pryor) to eventually take over from Palmer. As for recovery, it really depends on the type of offseason Raiders have, and how they address their issues in the draft and free agency. If they at least do decently here, there's not all that much stopping them from moving back into contention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I would rather have the penalties problem (which is random from year to year so leading in penalties given up or prevented essentially means nothing) than what they are dealing with now. The defense needed work, but the offense looked a lot better under Campbell and Hue Jackson. The Oakland front office pushed the panic button. I will say that Jackson should have never made that trade for Carson Palmer, who has was clearly not worth what they gave up for him.
Palmer may not have been worth the cost, but at the very least he kept he The Raiders in contention to the end of season (something that no one expected in the aftermath of Jason Campbell's injury), and has more often or not been the single reason why The Raiders aren't 0-11 this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Another thing is that McFadden was one of the most beastly RBs in the elague last season. This season... whatever offense Oakland is running this year just doesn't work for him at all.
McFadden was a beast, but he only played like 6 games last season. This season he might yet break 1,000 yards (If not rushing, at least all-purpose).
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote