View Single Post
Old 2011-11-30, 23:51   Link #46
Raiga
tl;dr

The official site updated with a "story" section, so I updated my earlier post with a translation of that as well as some more speculation.

EDIT: The early showing at Tokyo's Asahi Hall occurred earlier today (or is it yesterday in Japan already? *fails at time zones*). Found a blog post from somebody who attended. There's some great pictures of the event there, too.

Some important points:
  • The anime is slightly less than 30 minutes long (awww ;_; )
  • "Fast-paced and difficult to understand, but it had an appeal that made me want to watch it again and again."
  • The character listed as "Koto (???)" on the site: apparently her name is written 古都 ("old/ancient" + the "to" from "Kyoto").
  • The pamphlet given to guests contains a sparse relationship chart. Koto (young) and the Aun Brothers are confirmed as siblings. Myoue is listed as "guardian" for Koto and the Aun brothers. Myoue, Head Priest, and Yase form the "Triumvirate".
  • More to come??? (yes please yes please)

Since it wasn't all that long and doesn't contain any spoilers, here's the blogger's full impressions on the screening:

Quote:
はっきり言うと、判りやすく作られては居ません。
我々にとって謎も、アニメの世界の登場人物にとっては日常、解説なんてしてくれません。
でも、その世界観はワクワクする物を秘めていて、美しい映像と共に心が惹きつけられました。
「どんな世界なのか?」「何が起こっているのか?」それが知りたくて、何度も見てしまうと思い ます。

今回の上映からスタートし、どんどん世界が広がっていくと言っていました。
そのスタートに立ち会えたのは、本当に幸福な事なのではないだろうか?そう思える作品に成る気 がします。
"To put it bluntly, it wasn't that easy to understand.
Everything that is a mystery to us is everyday life for the characters in the anime, so they don't provide any explanations.
However, the world of the story was full of exciting secrets, which along with the beautiful animation had me spellbound.
"What sort of world is it?" "What's going on?" I'm sure I'll watch through again and again, trying to find out.

[They] said that starting with this screening, the world [of the anime] would expand more and more.
I get the feeling this will become a work that will make me think, 'Wasn't I truly blessed to be able to witness the start of it all?'"

The last bit has me quite excited. 30 minutes is a bit of a bummer, but there's clearly a lot of depth to the world that was developed for this anime, and they seem to be saying that they're not done with this project yet. Hopefully if this pilot does well, they'll animate more.

Last edited by Raiga; 2011-12-01 at 13:34.
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote