View Single Post
Old 2013-01-03, 14:26   Link #100
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
But that's exactly it. Hanekawa isn't HUMAN. The whole point to her character is the fact that she doesn't act human at all. She a monster in human skin. She does things simply because it's the right thing to do and not because she feels like doing it. To her parents it's like living with a monster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
But was she like a monster from birth, or is it that lifestyle that shaped her into what she is now? I was under the impression it was the latter.

You're making the parents sound like the victims here. I have a hard time buying that's the case.
Technically Hanekawa is only copying what her parents are doing; pretending that the two adults are married. Pretend that everything is fine, despite the domestic violence. Always, pretending that things are fine.

It's not that her parents don't love her; it's that her parents don't even love each other. So it is not that they loath Hanekawa specifically, but that all three can't stand each other.

You would need novel spoilers to know more, of course.

In general I see Hanekawa as simply a hard working child who got pulled through so much shit and no love, that she is one step away from going postal. And the cat simply decided to go postal in her stead.

As some had said in the past, Hanekawa isn't at FAULT that she turned out the way she is. But that doesn't change that fact that we have someone very much needing serious psychological help. There is so much more I want to say about Hanekawa's situation that made her hide so much, but it is all future stuff.