View Single Post
Old 2013-05-07, 21:01   Link #3971
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I finished Latte's Koiseyo Imouto Banchou!! a few days ago and my personal judgement:

Who would enjoy this:

Imoutos, imoutos, imoutos. This game is great for anyone who likes chara-ges and can enjoy wincest (even if they're all half-sisters). If deep, philosophical plot is not a requirement and you just want to be entertained with something that's a lot of comedy, a varied mix of ultra-cute characters, cool fighting action, a minimally necessary amount of drama, and is paced quick enough that you can finish the game in a relatively short amount of time, then this game would fit you.

Would I recommend this?

Highly recommended

For an imouto-centered chara-ge this game's very well executed. All the girls tend towards an often-familiar base personality type, but each girl is unique from one another so there's no two characters that seem too similar. There's a girl for every want, and they're all excellent. Eina especially is the cutest tsundere imouto ever, and the only one who's tsun-ness is always cute and never unpleasant. Within the scope of the base archetype each tends toward, all the characters are very well-made and executed.

The main protagonist is also a great departure from most harem leads. A common feature if harem males is that they're "gentle", but the gentleness that ImoBancho's lead possesses has a passionate, sincere streak to it. There's a sort of depth and conviction to his character that sets him apart from protagonists, both in his feelings and his actions.

There's fighting in this game, as much as there can be in a visual novel with no gameplay elements, but there are some pretty badass moments. If animated, those could be some really spectacular fights.

All the routes have a familiar pattern of a core drama that the heroine must overcome with help from the male lead, but each girl's problem feels believable and fitting to each girl. It also helps that this game is pretty short. The story never meanders or drags its feet, it just goes straight to the point and to the end.

Overall this game is cheap entertainment that's been polished into gold. If you want uber cute little sisters to cuddle, and watch them beat the cute out of each other, this game will deliver in excellence.

The weakest route is probably Hinoe's cause I felt her drama seemed a little unnecessary. Mashiro's has the best ending and epilogue, seconded by the route that's closest to a harem end. That aside, all the routes are pretty even.