View Single Post
Old 2012-07-11, 07:11   Link #37
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
I think it'd reverse quite a bit; humanity can be shallow like that sometimes. SAO is my favourite out of the two, but I still love AW. I don't think that SAO is better, I simply prefer SAO to AW.

Heh, it's fine. Don't worry about it.
I think part of the problem might be that Kirito and Asuna are true equals- which is quite refreshing since there are so precious few anime couples that are indeed true equals.

On the other hand, Haruyuki is clearly the sub-ordinate one in his relationship with KYH. And even in terms of personality, his maturity seems out of sync with KYH. So, one is left wondering what KYH sees in him, other than quick reflexes? Absolute Loyalty? Perhaps, bit still, that rankles people, especially in a decade with a horde of weak minded male protagonists that gave rise to the derisive moniker Generic Harem Protagonist.
Spoiler for Too... hintish:

Ultimately though, I fear that in the next few episodes, Asuna will be labeled as a typical Tsundere by the hardcore moe haters, as absurd and prejudiced as that charge seems. But that's another conversation. for another thread.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote