View Single Post
Old 2012-09-23, 08:59   Link #165
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Watch the bit where Yui runs out to join the fight -- you can clearly see Bright and Yuriel getting teleported in the background, most likely by Yui with her power.
Even more likely they were teleported by the teleport crystals they had in their hands in the prior scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Easy to use for the GMs - who could be expected to know a handful of commands, and not work with Kirito's deadline - and flexible. At best, that means that Kirito could be expected to figure it out with a little time to look at man pages, but he didn't have that time.
Really guys, GM's in MMO's are poorly paid scrubs who do customer service... they're not programmers, they're not IT people... they're barely people to the company they work for and are easily replaced. It's not going to require much research to use a console designed for GM interaction. And if it's an emergency access type thing... IE - to be used in a situation where the standard GM controls (likely built into the GM menu loaded in NervGEAR don't work) it's fairly safe to say it's not going to be overly complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Wait...wait...wait...

Spoiler for Vol. 2 -- Warmth of the Heart? -- Implication of Above Spoiler:
The end-card we see for Liz's episode, coupled with the earlier picture of her without the pink hair, the guy with blue hair... But yes, apparently you can dye hair in SAO. Since we see folks on the first floor who have done it, it's a safe assumption that it's likely just a rare drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Right, I know. I pointed out the call-back way back on the first page of the thread. But I guess the question is: does the jewel (the inventory item) actually matter or not? Or, in other words, could Kirito have downloaded Yui's data into his personal NerveGear storage without creating an in-game item? If the object is damaged/destroyed, does anything happen to Yui's program?
That's a toughie... but Kirito said "I've arranged for Yui's data to be saved to my NervGear's local memory" in my subs. Which suggests that he's copied her data to the computer he's running SAO on. Which doesn't strike me as being odd, really, if a GM finds something odd he's going to want to look at it off-line in a test environment. You don't see many MMO GM's testing things in live production (at least, I personally wouldn't play a MMO with that level of testing / lack of).

So he has a copy of her data... but the jewel / heart is a bit of a toughie. Did he split the data? Did he send a copy of her data to a different computer? Did handing Asuna the jewel move the data from his PC to hers? I think (and the novel's don't touch it at all) he simply created something for her to hold onto as a reminder. It's cleaner, ultimately. And it harkens back to Pina's heart that we saw in earlier episodes so it's an easy tie-in for the anime viewers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Edit: To be clear, I do realize it doesn't really matter. Well, if Yui's program is actually actively linked to the item, then it could be important, I guess... but it's mostly just for the sake of conversation than anything else. The real value of having the item is that it will serve as a reminder for Kirito, Asuna, and us in the audience for the remainder of the show.
Yup, that's how I take it. I just find it cleaner to assume Kirito copied the data locally to his PC and created something Asuna could wear... also, clothing updates in anime are good!

Last edited by Adigard; 2012-09-23 at 09:14.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote