View Single Post
Old 2013-07-13, 13:21   Link #10
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

What annoys me right now with the adaptation is that a lot of people will mistake Sayaka's character after the trial, even if the staff keep Kyouko's comment regarding Sayaka's dilemna.

The reason is that they completely downplayed her interactions with not only Makoto, but also with the other students (of course, it isn't like the game implied she became friends with everyone, but she was rather a spokeswoman along with Kyotaka).

But the biggest problem was the flat out removal of their discussions about dreams etc when they were looking for a self defense weapon.
The actual point is that Sayaka wasn't clinging on Makoto in order to deceive him, far from that since she was already motivated in her dream and could only think of staying alive until Monokuma showed up with the first incentive.

Past that, her social links imply heavily that she might have developed a crush on Makoto, and that's before the incentive incident, hence absolutely not a deception to secude Makoto. Although people might realize that it would have been much easier to kill Makoto instead if she really didn't care about him, the lack of such "small interactions" just doesn't give her justice.

I was rather happy to have some complicated implication in IF, but really it is also why I'm a bit annoyed by the flat out linearity of the game, since I frankly think Sayaka could be an interesting complex character if she was alive for at least half the adventure (at least more than Touko who was plainly useless save for Genocide Shou).